Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Well, the day is over and I'm back home from Surrey now. As it turns out, the tests were really good. The occupational therapists was a really cool guy with a good sense of humor, so it made it a lot more pleasant than I had anticipated.



He had me perform every kind of physical task I could imagine; from my head to my feet. No wonder it took 8 hours. Then I had to do a fitness test in the end. I did really well in all the other tests, but I'm a little clumsy when it comes to doing step-up aerobics. Just when I thought I had 'my rythm on' I fell on the steps. Then I fell again. I felt silly, but I quickly recovered and continued on.



I was wearing a heart rate monitor the whole time which was like some kind of 'Man-Bra' or "Bro" as pertaining to the Seinfeld episode. It included a wrist watch which would show my heart rate and set off all kinds of alarms just in case my heart went crazy during the exercises.



Overall it was a good day. I'm very tired though because of the high level of physical stress and a little sore. I know I'll be sore tomorrow.



I brought my camera, but there was nothing really to take photos of. I didn't get the opportunity during the tests. I did take some photos of the nasty weather on the way in though and on the way back home. It rained all day today. Yuck.



So I'll leave you with these photos of the weather while crossing the Port Mann bridge into Surrey this morning at 7:00a.m. And coming back home at about 6:00p.m.



Have a good night!















No comments: