Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 09, 2003

I didn't do too much today, but my morning started out really good. I got an email from J. who just got back from her trip to Florida and she emailed me a bunch of her photos which were awesome! J. is a very lovely woman. I love getting emails like that. Thanks J! ;)

Then I went for a good bike ride with my best friend L. It was good because I need the excercise and riding with a friend is much nicer than doing it alone. I live in the big city of Burnaby though, so there's always lots of cars in the way (even though there's a dedicated bike route) and you really have to be careful to avoid being run over by someone yakking on their cellphone. 'Cause I mean really, who want's to get run over?



The bike ride lasted over an hour and by then I was hungry and tired. I wanted to go to IHOP (I love IHOP, and now I live only 5 minutes from one) for lunch, but we both decided we were too dirty and messy looking to go in there and eat (we had mud on us) and so we went to Tim Horton's instead. They don't care if you come in wearing mud--they don't care if you come in wearing a chicken hat, as long as you come in and buy doughnuts--so we ordered some Timbits and coffee and sat and ate them. I had a toasted bagel too, but it was mushy and gross so I just ate the timbits.



I brought the digital camera along too, but I didn't get any pictures.



Later this afternoon I decided to start tweeking this new journal a little. I added an old guestbook, but I don't like the old one, so now I'm working on a new one. I did manage to install a new 'guestmap' in the journal. It's kinda cool. You can put a little icon on the map where you live. I haven't used it too much yet though, so I'm not sure how it behaves. I got it for free from Bravenet. I did notice however that while using it some pop-ups came up. I don't like pop-ups, so if it starts filling your screen with annoying adds, please email me and I'll remove it.



I'm going to install a guestbook too. It's going to need some customizing, so it may change a few times over the next few days.



Ok, I'm off to have some tea now, and I'm going to bed early tonight.


Good night.


-Mark





No comments: