Search This Blog

Sunday, November 09, 2003

It's Sunday morning. I think I might head into town this morning.

Last night I got a phone call from my nephew R. He was pretty excited about the way the moon looked (He was on his way home and noticed it while he was driving) and so he suggested that I take a look. I'd heard earlier that there was a lunar eclipse yesterday, but I didn't think we'd be able to see it in my area because it occured at 5:06 PM. It's still light here at that time.

Anyway, I grabbed my camera and went outside. R. was right, the moon looked pretty awesome! It was kinda redish-brown in color. I took a few shots, but it looks a little small. I wish I had a 400MM lens, that would get nice and close. Mental note: put 400mm Canon EF lens on christmas wish list.



On Friday--man the weekend goes by quickly!--I was working with P., one of the bosses at work. I didn't realise how strong P. was until I saw him lift this car up off the ground. Check it out:







And remember, always get someone to help you when lifting a heavy object.

No comments: