Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2003

The big parkinglot sale was a huge success! I sold lots of items and there were a few thousand people that came through there. My best friend L. was really happy because I sold a lot of her stuff too.

Most of the people there were pretty friendly. I parked beside an older gentleman and it turns out he was somewhat interested in photography and so we ended up chatting for a while. It made the time go by faster. I bought some nice German stoneware mugs from him that are very nice. They have "Lufthansa" printed on them. I'm not sure if they're coffee cups or beer mugs. They look rather small to be beer mugs. I'm using one right now to drink tea.

I'm feeling a lot better now. I took the whole week off and I'm not feeling dizzy anymore. Maybe a little here and there, but nothing like it was earlier in the week. I'll be going back to work tomorrow.

I think this weekend went by a little too fast. I've been very busy all weekend. I can't be too greedy though, I did have a week away from work. Just wish I'd felt better but then I guess it would actually be 'skipping work' wouldn't it.

I took lots of pictures at the parking lot sale. I met a really pretty bird there named "Thumper". He was great because he could talk and he learned how to repeat things you said to him very quickly. He's a white Moluccan Cockatoo Cacatua moluccensis. Thumper really enjoyed looking at my camera. His owner said he likes to hear the shutter sound cameras make. My digital camera has no shutter sound, so I turned on the artificial shutter noise for him. He loved it! Almost instantly he began to mimmic the sound of the shutter. It's amazing. He's missing some feathers on his chest because he has a habbit of pulling them out his owner said. Other than that, he's still a lovely bird.

Ok, I'm off to bed now. Here's some photos from the weekend. Click on the image if you want to see a large size.

Gnite.

Select a thumbnail from the left to zoom.

Image #1


Image #2


Image #3


Image #4


Image #5


Image #6


Image #7


Image #8


Image #9


Image #10


Image #11


Image #12

Image hosting and Zoom Gallery by VillagePhotos.com


No comments: