Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2003

Wow, where have I been? I've had three photo assignments in the past 48 hours. It's been fun but rather crazy though. In the past 24 hours I've shot photos of everything from pregant women to fruits and vegetables to a jazz and blues band. I've been shooting a lot with my digital camera lately, but during the blues band shoot the rechargeable battery kicked the bucket. Fortuantely I brought my film camera with me and I finished the shoot with that.



I bought a new toy yesterday too; an infrared lens filter. I've been searching for this particular filter for about 2 years now. I finally found one yesterday and I've already take a bunch of photos with it. It's very very cool! Scientifically speaking, the filter alows us to see light in the infrared spectrum (600 Nanometers and up) which the human eye canot see. The filter is completely opaque and no visible light will pass through it; only infrared radiation. The resulting photos are surreal and amazing to look at. Trees, plants and grass are nearly pure white, the sky is black and the clouds are very intenst and defined. Atomaspheric haze is eliminated completely resulting in virtually unlimited depth of field. I love it!!!



I've uploaded a few photos I've taken already with it. They are larger image file sizes than what I usually post here, so you can click on the following links to view them. That will prevent the page from loading rather slowly for those of you with dial-up connections. Here's the links:



English Bay 1


English Bay 2


English Bay 3


English Bay 4



There's even a color infrared image of me here:
Me in Infrared





No comments: