Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2004

I have this big, heavy iron snail garden lantern that's been on the floor of my living room for the past 3 years. I do like it, but it seems out of place, so I decided to put it in our big yard sale last Sunday. It didn't sell, but that's not what this story is about. During the yard sale, I mentioned something about the big iron snail to my friend L. I was joking about the possibility of the name "Iron Snail" being the name of some heavy metal music band, and how it would be a really cool band name.

Well this morning, I remembered our conversation and just for the hell of it, I queried Google with the name "Iron Snail". Much to my surprise, there is a recently discovered creature in the deep ocean that is a real iron snail. Check out this link, there's a photo of the iron snail as well. How cool is that? I know, I'm a geek. But that's the first animal I've ever heard of that has metal armor plating.

No comments: