Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2003

Happy Hallow'een!!!



I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing tonight, but it's Friday and it's halloween, so hopefully I'll go out with some friends. I don't have a clue as to what I should dress up as.

I'm not at work today because my knee is giving me troubles. I'm going to pay a visit to my physiotherapist today.

Two nights ago I drove up to Burnaby mountain hoping I could take some photos of the aurora borealis (nothern lights). I stood up there in the dark (and froze my ass) with my frozen camera and tripod, but I only witness the very slightest thread of nothern light. My camera didn't pick it up.

While I was up there though, I did shoot some images of the city down below:





Here's a picture of the sun with it's big sunspots; the cause of the recent giant solar flares that have been torching the Earth (and making pretty nothern lights).

It's not the greatest photo, but it's a little tricky taking pictures of the sun. I shot this photo at 1/4000th of a second at f/22 through thick fog. I wouldn't normally point my lens towards the sun, but it's not every day you get to see sunspots.



Earlier in the week I had to take one of the work trucks through Air Care. There was quite a long line up, so I pulled the camera out and shot some photos while I was waiting. Here's me in the truck:





I guess I don't look all that happy here, I was just a little bored I guess.










No comments: