Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Good news, my computer is now fully functional, so now I can upload photos again! It's been a while since I posted any new photos here, so I'm going to do that now.




Bacce Ball!!







Last weekend I got together with my nephew R., T. and her boyfriend K. We decided to play Bacce Ball in the park near R.'s home. It was a great fun! For those of you who've never palyed Bacce Ball, it's a lot like lawn bowling. The person who's ball ends up closest to the "Pallina" (the little white ball) gets a point. Each player or team gets two balls.



Here's some shots from the game:






Here's me bouncing my balls around. I used the yellow ones, my nephew was red, T. was green and her boyfriend was blue.






My nephew and I were both very close to the pallina here, so we had to measure to see who go the points. This happens alot in the game of Bacce. I'm not an avid player myself, I only play for fun, but some of the old Italian folks in my neighborhood take the game very seriously. I've seen big arguments and even some minor wrestling break out over who was closest. It's fun to watch those guys play.





K. and T. hamming it up.






Here I am getting ready to take the shot....





Little did I know, K. was behind me doing something funny...





Then I got something in my eye, so I used my shirt to wipe it. K. was still doing what ever it was he was doing behind me. I didn't even know until I saw the pictures.



Here's R. and K. in an unusual pose:


R. throwing the ball...







I can't remember what we were laughing about here. I think it was the fact that the pallina had vanished in a grassy hole or something, so we didn't know what we were aiming at.





Here's T. taking a shot at it...



So that was our Bacce ball game. If I have time this coming weekend I might play again.









No comments: