Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Tomorrow's Fun Run

Well, I'm all geared up for the big run tomorrow morning! I picked up a rental lens today downtown in Vancouver; the Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM. I've been running around with it all day today, taking all kinds of shots. It's an extremely easy lens to use. It's only drawback is that it's heavy, but it's ok, it'll be on a tripod most of the time.

I stopped by Dunne and Rundle Photo Source (my favorite camera store) and showed the big lens to J.S. my photojournalist friend. He put a 2x converter on it and we played around with that for a while (with a 2x converter on the Canon EOS 20D and a 400mm lens, you get the equivalent of a 1280mm lens, because of the 1.6x cropping factor!(which is very exciting for photo geeks like me.))

I know I haven't updated my Blog for the past week. It's been a very busy week for me, so I didn't really get the chance. Things will slow down after Monday, then I'll get back into the swing of things.

By this time tomorrow, I should be sorting through about 300 image files from the race. It's going to be a sunny day, so everything should go nicely.

Tonight I'm just going to stay home and get some business cards printed out. I'll have plenty of time to play with the lens after the run tomorrow.

THIS JUST IN: I just recieved word from Bingo and Betty that there will be about 400 people at tomorrow's run! That's going to be a great turnout!


No comments: