Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2004

There sure has been a lot going on around here lately. And once again, all work and no play makes Mark a dull boy. It's just been a really busy week and I didn't get a chance to get out much. I think things will slow down a little now though, so I can relax a little more and get back on schedule.

Speaking of busy; things are sure busy for the animals over at Burnaby Lake! Several geese and ducks have new families now and the parents are very busy gathering food and protecting their young ones. I can't think of many things that are cuter than duckings and goslings and so during my last visit to the lake I shot many photos of them. I found a good place to crouch and waited for them. It didn't take long before these pround parents came out to show off their new kids.

(These photos are already two weeks old. I'm going back to the lake sometime this week to get some updated photos.)













Of course there were pigeons there too. I caught these two trying to take a bath in the lake. It was funny because the one in the backgroung kept splashing water on the one in the foreground. He'd shake of the water and then get splashed all over again. Ya gotta love watching pigeons!





Here's a mom talking a quick nap:



In other news; I had to go to a Traffic Control Person course for two days last week. I thought it was going to be difficult, but it was actually quite easy. The instructor was really good and she made the course enjoyable. So now I'm a certified TCP. Here's a picture of me with a stop paddle in my hand:



And some people in the course:







No comments: